[Phpmyadmin-devel] Drag and drop sql import - help

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:59:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 6/15/14 3:50 PM, Minhaz A V wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been working on this and I have added link [1]
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyr-AijI_8&feature=youtu.be> to screen
> video for current implementation till now.

I think it looks quite nice so far.

> Currently we can successfully import sql files to server, asynchronously.
> I needed little help with these things:
>
> 1]  js method to retrieve token, noplugin, MAX_FILE_SIZE, charset etc
> for file upload
> 2] Now I'd have to add functionality in import.php that it produce JSON
> response in case of ajax upload, any tips?
> 3] Currently the <div> for file upload is at navigation class, where
> should it be kept if not there?
> 4] When a certain file is uploaded and processed, how should it be shown
> to users, like should we refresh the page content? or something else?

I'm not sure in this case we should change the page at all -- since
several uploads can occur at once, potentially affecting several tables
at the same time, it doesn't make sense to, for instance, change to the
affected table's structure page. My own opinion is that it's best to
stay on the current page and display the lower-right upload progress
dialog without changing anything else. But that's just me.