[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFE #755: export with table/column name changes

Chirayu Chiripal chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:59:04 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 6/16/14 8:09 AM, Chirayu Chiripal wrote:
> > Hello Isaac Sir,
> >
> > Please review this branch:
> https://github.com/D-storm/phpmyadmin/tree/FR-755
> >
> > Tasks to be done yet (Will be pushed soon):
> >
> > 1) Fix failing test cases and improve test cases.
>
> Yes, this is quite good but I have a few minor suggestions.
>
> 1) There should be some way to inform the user once they've selected
> this option. I have a few ideas about this but don't prefer one over the
> other at the moment.
>
> What do you think of adding a checkbox in front of the text "Change
> Database/Table/Column names". When the user clicks the checkbox or the
> text, the dialog appears; once the dialog is closed the checkbox is
> checked.
>
> An alternative is making an icon appear in front of the text (a green
> checkbox, probably) once the dialog is closed.
>
> I think it's important to give visual feedback that the feature is going
> to be active.

I think I'll go with green checkbox.

> 2) I suggest adding a "reset" button to the dialog which would clear all
> values. I also think the upper-right X (close button) should abandon any
> changes made; right now it saves those changes.

Actually, there is nothing like save here, those input fields (initially
hidden) are just displayed when dialog opens and hides when dialog closes
but I'll see how can it be done. Should it reset every field  i.e. all
databases/tables/columns inputs?
Also, then we should change "close" button to "save & close".

> 3) I think we should call this "Rename exported database/column/table
> names" -- but I'm open to other suggestions.

This sounds good enough. I will change it soon.