[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2014 - Refactoring: Designer/schema integration

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Jun 22 14:14:38 CEST 2014

Le 2014-06-21 14:48, Bimal Yashodha a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Over the past few weeks, I'be been working on some improvements on the
> designer - schema integration. Did some little changes to the initially
> planned tasks, and all the changes are committed, along with the unit
> tests.
>
> In the "pmd_" tables level, instead of the "designer_coords" table, I
> used a combination of "table_coords" and "pdf_pages" tables together to
> achieve the goal, as I've been describing in my blog posts.
>
> I would appreciate if you can give me a feedback on those changes.
>
> Also I'm now in the final stages of the integration of "schema
> exporting" functionality, so that the user will no need to use the
> "schema editor" anymore. I'll update all the details of it in weekly
> blog post and also in a separate mail.
>
> As OOPing the code is one of my tasks, I've planned to move all the html
> generation of "pmd_general.php" to a separate file( to a separate class,
> with singleton).
>
> Thanks.

Hi,
(Please use bottom-posting on this list).

I found two problems:

1. If I go to "Operations > Edit or export relational schema" and I
remove many tables from the page, then when I open the Designer, the
"Show/Hide left menu" displays all of the tables in the db with their
checkbox ticked, while these tables are (correctly) not displayed on the
work area.

2. Then, I click on "Save position" and "Open page" and I reopen the
same page: all tables of the db are now on the page.

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Madhura Jayaratne <madhura.cj at gmail.com
> <mailto:madhura.cj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Bimal Yashodha
>     <kb.yashodha at gmail.com <mailto:kb.yashodha at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         After integrating schema editor to the designer, now the user
>         would be able to manage pdf pages from the designer itself.
>

>     I'm reviewing your code. I will give feedback on the functionality
>     and code in a while.
>

>         But it seems, there is another limitation such that, user would
>         not be able to delete a table from a page. So I thought of
>         addressing this issue by adding a delete button to the table
>         itself as shown here
>         <http://kbyashodha.blogspot.com/2014/06/gsoc-2014-week-3.html>:
>

>         I'd like to know will this be a good solution.
>
>     Looks fine to me. Anyways, add a confirmation popup as well.
>
>     --
>     Thanks and Regards,
>
>     Madhura Jayaratne

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/hpccsystems