[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFE #637 Custom Field Handlers

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jun 26 12:01:04 CEST 2014

Le 2014-06-25 06:23, Chirayu Chiripal a écrit :
> Hi,
> Feature Request Link:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/637/
>
> I am bit confused that what does this RFE is all about. Here is my doubt:
>
> 1] Does this feature requests says that if a field has a "prepend" input
> transformation plugin with prepend text as "phpMyAdmin " then on insert
> page if someone enters into this field "Bringing MySQL to the web" and
> when a row is inserted then it should insert "phpMyAdmin Bringing MySQL
> to the web" into the database.
>
> OR it requires something else?

Hi Chirayu,
the example you mention is correct, but this feature request is much
more than that. Look at the comment from Garvin in the RFE.

In reality, we don't have to code a credit card validation, for example;
we just have to provide the mechanism by which someone can code their
own credit card validation and apply it to the input field.

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin