[Phpmyadmin-devel] about the mcrypt requirement

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Jun 26 14:13:38 CEST 2014

Hi

Dne Thu, 26 Jun 2014 05:50:01 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> in the doc, we mention that mcrypt is required on 64-bit servers. I
> believe it's no longer true since we replaced the blowfish PHP-based
> library with phpseclib.
>
> Therefore I would like, for the upcoming 4.2.5 release, to remove this
> requirement in the doc, and even the mcrypt warning; on my 64-bit
> laptop, I see no difference in page loading without mcrypt.

Indeed phpseclib is much faster that the horde implementation we've in
past. Also the 64-bit differentiation makes no longer sense. But I'd
still keep recommendation for mcrypt as it still performs better than
phpseclib. The question is how strong to make it...

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net