[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unexpected behavior of 'export' in case of error

Ashutosh Dhundhara ashutoshdhundhara at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 17:27:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

I was looking into RFE #856 (Catch ability for MySQL errors during export.) where I found some unexpected behavior.

Scenario:
Lets say I have '$cfg['SaveDir'] = 'upload';' directive set in my 'config.inc.php'. So I can now save the exported file directly on the server. I am now exporting a table 'table_1' into 'table_1.sql' with 'Overwrite existing file(s)'checkbox disabled. The file 'table_1.sql' already exists in the 'upload' directory.

So now when I click 'Go', I should get an error message:
'File table_1.sql already exists on server, change filename or check overwrite option.'
but instead I am being redirected to PMA homepage.

I think 'PMA_showExportPage' function on line #317 in 'export.php' is not working properly. Can anybody confirm this issue?

--
Ashutosh Dhundhara