[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: GSOC 2014 Aspirant

Chirayu Chiripal chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 15:09:17 CET 2014

Hello,
I am Chirayu Chiripal (aka D-storm) a final year computer science
engineering student from India. I am interested to take part in GSOC 2014
and work for phpMyAdmin.

I read http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2014_Applicant_Guide and saw
that you only accept people who have already made some contribution to
phpMyAdmin.

What I have done so far?

I have forked the Github Repo of phpMyAdmin and started looking into the
code to get the understanding of how it works and I am also trying to
implement some of the features requested on sourceforge.net.

I would like to know, what should I do to improve my chances to get
selected for GSOC 2014 and do some quality contribution to phpMyAdmin?

Is there any IRC channel for phpMyAdmin where I can discuss issues?

My Skills: PHP, MySQL, JQuery, AJAX, Javascript, CSS, HTML
Frontend Frameworks I am familiar with : JQuery UI, Bootstrap

Thanks,
Chirayu Chiripal