[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: GSOC 2014 Aspirant

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 1 23:58:02 CET 2014

Le 2014-03-01 09:09, Chirayu Chiripal a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am Chirayu Chiripal (aka D-storm) a final year computer science
> engineering student from India. I am interested to take part in GSOC
> 2014 and work for phpMyAdmin.
>
> I read http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2014_Applicant_Guide and saw
> that you only accept people who have already made some contribution to
> phpMyAdmin.
>
> What I have done so far?
>
> I have forked the Github Repo of phpMyAdmin and started looking into the
> code to get the understanding of how it works and I am also trying to
> implement some of the features requested on sourceforge.net
> <http://sourceforge.net>.

Hi,
some of the feature requests are already assigned and have a GSoC 2014
label; please do not choose one of these, but something that is not
assigned.

> I would like to know, what should I do to improve my chances to get
> selected for GSOC 2014 and do some quality contribution to phpMyAdmin?

Everything you need to know is listed in the applicant guide.

> Is there any IRC channel for phpMyAdmin where I can discuss issues?

There is #phpmyadmin on Freenode but the best place to discuss issue is
this mailing list.

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net