[Phpmyadmin-devel] New feature: Load/save Query-By-Example

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:14:28 CET 2014

> Hi,

>> ticket
>> request

>> searches".
>> search

>> > Hi,
>> > it could also be "New search bookmark", "Saved search bookmarks", ...
>>
>> Of the three choices proposed, I most prefer "New search bookmark" and
>> "Saved search bookmarks". Using the word "query" instead of "search"
>> also fits nicely.
>>

> In SQL tab, there is a text "Bookmark this SQL query". Couldn't it lead to
> confusion?
> I agree with "search bookmark". So I'll change this.

I changed it, locally. I used "bookmarked search". Is it ok ?

>> A few things I noticed while testing this feature:
>>
>> 1) When attempting to save a bookmark without providing a name, instead
>> of "Missing information to save the search." we should be more specific
>> and instead say "Please provide a name for this bookmarked query."
>>

> I agree. I'll try to implement this.

Done.

>> In an ideal world, IMO, the proper field should then get focus and have
>> a light red background until the user starts to type. I don't believe we
>> do that anywhere, but it is a good way to draw the user's attention to
>> the blank and required field.
>>

> I agree also. I'll try to see if I can do something about this.

I did it, but there is a "problem"... The field is focused, but behind the
"PMA_ajaxShowMessage". So I click on the popin to close it... and lose the
focus...
The only thing that I can do is to add a red border to the field. As the
content of the page is reloaded when submitting the form, the field won't
stay red too long.

I'm working at the same time and I did something:
- when having an error, I receive the id of a field (already done to focus
the element)
- I remove the class "error" of all inputs in the page
- I had the class "error" to the field

So even if there are many errors on different fields without reload, only
one field will stay with the "error" class.

What do you think about this please?

>> 2) I think we should we prompt the user before saving over an existing
>> bookmark.
>>

> Currently, you can't use a bookmark name already used by this user on this
> DB. Do you mean that we should authorize to overwrite a name if the user
> agree?

Hugues.