[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2014 Project: Navigation Remake and Optimization of two official themes

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Mar 12 12:41:10 CET 2014

Hi Edward

Dne Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:08:25 +0800
Edward Cheng <c4150221 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> It's my first time participate in open-source community, I've read the last
> IRC log, I feel embarrassed for my idea...

It's not bad idea. The biggest problem here is scale - in complete
scope it is way too big project for GSoC. For example I think it would
be challenging to completely implement SQL console only during GSoC. We
would like to have fully working code at the end of GSoC, so that we
can merge it and it can happen part of next major release.

> Now I know why PMA pick orange and dark-blue for theme :P
> I'm interested in UI,
> I know my idea will be discussed at next Wednesday, could i attend the next
> IRC meeting? I will be on the sidelines, My Eng is not very well...

Of course you are welcome to join us, don't worry about English, most
of us are not native speakers as well...

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net