[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC Introduction

Viduranga Wijesooriya vpowerrc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:39:53 CET 2014

Hi Isaac and Marc,
I have already created a proposal for "User interface enhancements"
project. I have uploaded it to the Google melange site. Can you please
review it and give me some advice on how to improve it ? Is it easy for you
to view it on Google docs rather than on melange site ? If it is, I'll
upload to Google docs and give you the link.

Thank you
--
Best Regards
Viduranga Wijesooriya

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/7/14 11:15 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > Viduranga Wijesooriya a écrit :
> >> Hi all,
> >>         I'm Viduranga Wijesooriya from University of Moratuwa Sri
> Lanka. I
> >> hope get to involve in PMA with GSOC 2014. I'm interested in both of the
> >> interface improvement projects. I have some questions about the project
> >> "User interface enhancements". I have already commented on those
> >> feature requests on sourceforge.net. It's very helpful if you could
> share
> >> your thoughts on them. Some of my doubts are resolved after Marc's
> replies.
> >> Thank you Marc.
> >> But some still remains. I will add links to them down below.
> >>
> >> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/637/
>
> I think between Garvin's post [1] and Marc's response this has probably
> been explained; please do continue post there if any further question
> exists.
>
> >> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/987/
>
> This has been removed. If you'd like, you're welcome to propose some
> other interface improvement in it's place.
>
> >> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1426/?page=2
>
> Discussion continues in this thread; right now we're waiting for Michal
> to clarify.
>
> >> Thank you
> >
> > Viduranga,
> > if you don't see a reply from my part, it might be because I'm not
> > familiar with the issue. Please don't expect a reply from me for all of
> > your questions.
>
> This is true in general; we all try to answer what we can but our
> knowledge and experience is incomplete, so sometimes we have nothing to
> say. Of course, as I'm the mentor of this project, I have a bit more
> responsibility to say something than the others :)
>
> > In #1426, I'm not the creator of the ticket, nor the assigned mentor for
> > this list of ideas.
>

> 1 - https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/637/#248e

> Subversion Kills Productivity. Get off Subversion & Make the Move to
> Perforce.
> With Perforce, you get hassle-free workflows. Merge that actually works.
> Faster operations. Version large binaries.  Built-in WAN optimization and
> the
> freedom to use Git, Perforce or both. Make the move to Perforce.
>
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=122218951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Best Regards
Viduranga Wijesooriya