[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC Introduction

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:39:01 CET 2014

On 3/7/14 11:15 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Viduranga Wijesooriya a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>         I'm Viduranga Wijesooriya from University of Moratuwa Sri Lanka. I
>> hope get to involve in PMA with GSOC 2014. I'm interested in both of the
>> interface improvement projects. I have some questions about the project
>> "User interface enhancements". I have already commented on those
>> feature requests on sourceforge.net. It's very helpful if you could share
>> your thoughts on them. Some of my doubts are resolved after Marc's replies.
>> Thank you Marc.
>> But some still remains. I will add links to them down below.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/637/

I think between Garvin's post [1] and Marc's response this has probably
been explained; please do continue post there if any further question
exists.

>> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/987/

This has been removed. If you'd like, you're welcome to propose some
other interface improvement in it's place.

>> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1426/?page=2

Discussion continues in this thread; right now we're waiting for Michal
to clarify.

>> Thank you
>
> Viduranga,
> if you don't see a reply from my part, it might be because I'm not
> familiar with the issue. Please don't expect a reply from me for all of
> your questions.

This is true in general; we all try to answer what we can but our
knowledge and experience is incomplete, so sometimes we have nothing to
say. Of course, as I'm the mentor of this project, I have a bit more
responsibility to say something than the others :)

1 - https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/637/#248e