[Phpmyadmin-devel] Confirm bug: Missing value in the form!

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:27:30 CET 2014

Hi,

When I try to execute query within Sql tab, many a times I get "Missing
value in the form!" alert. I'm not sure if it's happening to just me or
it's a bug introduced somehow.
I using current git version.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Select any database from nav pannel
2. Select Sql tab
2. copy and paste this query

*create table missing_val (    id integer)*
3. click GO.
OR
1. Select any table from nav panel.
2. Codemirror editor will have a pre-populated query so just click "GO"

both the above comes with a pop up saying "Missing value in the form!",
while it should not.

I was debugging the code for why its happening, i realized in
*checkSqlQuery* function,
*sqlQuery.value* is either empty or is having just part of input value in
some cases (where it is working as the value is not empty). So to fix it, I
added a line that explicitly set the value of *sqlQuery* element and now
its working for me.
Here is the commit, let me know if it looks fine, I'll add a bug and send a
pull request.
https://github.com/smita786/phpmyadmin/commit/51d78cbb81f0e0121b3b1b932604487a71c809f8

Thanks and Regards
- Smita Kumari