[Phpmyadmin-devel] Adding another Action in db structure?

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:39:46 CET 2014

On 3/24/14 8:42 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi,
> please have a look at the screenshot in
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1082
>
> I believe that adding this star icon + "Favourite" as an action takes
> too much space.

I agree, but think Madhura's suggestion is good to have a grey or yellow
star which toggle state. This should be well understood behavior to users.

> By the way, in American English it should be "Favorite".

Right, I agree with this.

> Comments?

I would still prefer to see a different display of favorites in the
navigation bar. I don't think a dropdown is the most friendly way to do
this. My preferred means would be to have text links appear where the
Favorites dropdown is in the mockup; the text would read "All |
Favorites". Clicking the Favorites link would show favorite databases
and favorite tables (with no hiding of anything; everything would always
expand fully); of course the All link would toggle back to our current
display.

Regards
~isaac