[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding GSoC'14 project "Interface Improvements".

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed May 7 19:05:42 CEST 2014

Le 2014-05-06 22:14, Ashutosh Dhundhara a écrit :
> Hello all,
> Firstly, I thank the whole phpMyAdmin team for accepting my GSoC
> proposal for project "Interface Improvements". I will do my best to
> complete this project on time.
>
> I had a few questions regarding Feature request: #1445
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1445/> :
>
> 1) Rather than adding a option for "Show CREATE" under "With selected:"
> drop-down menu, would it be wise to add a small icon in front of
> table/view name on database level view page as shown in the attached
> image "show_create.png" ?

I'm not sure; maybe it would clutter too much this page. Probably that
the requested feature, asking to use "with selected", wants the
possibility of generating SHOW CREATE for many tables or views at once.

> On clicking this icon, an Ajax dialog will show up containing the
> "CREATE" query for corresponding database objects.
>
> 2) Also, do we need to add the same feature for routines, triggers and
> events also, as one can easily see the definition of these by clicking
> on "Edit" action link in front of their names ?

Probably not. The feature request suggests the database structure, where
we see tables and view.