[Phpmyadmin-devel] central columns list and synching

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu May 22 19:14:27 CEST 2014

Hi Smita,

I was under the impression that the central list of columns would be
authoritative, regarding the column attributes. Currently, it seems that
the table itself has priority.

For example, if a column is described in the central list as being
VARCHAR(40), and the same column name exists in a table, but with
VARCHAR(45), I would expect a sync operation to adjust the column's size
  to the "official" 40. On the contrary, the central list is modified
when doing the sync.

Or, am I mistaken with the goal of the sync feature?

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)