[Phpmyadmin-devel] Separate page to manage central list of columns

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue May 27 14:11:23 CEST 2014

Smita a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I think we need to make a separate page as well to manage the central
> columns list. Where user will be able to view the complete list of columns
> and add/remove/edit some if needed. I have few question regarding the same:
> 1. Do We really need a separate page ? or add/remove options on
> db_structure and tbl_structure page is sufficient? but no edit option we'll
> have in this case.

We need a management page, otherwise there is no way to quickly see the
central columns list and their attributes. Remember that in some
installations, the phpMyAdmin Configuration storage is shared between
users, and they have no direct access to the pma__centralcolumns table.

> 2. How the page should look ? Similar to tbl_structure page with option to
> edit and remove a column from the list ? but this can be very long as one
> database in total may have lots many columns. introduce pagination ?
> Please share if any other idea ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> - Smita

Yes, it can be some kind of paginated list, with ideally a search feature.

I know that this feature is related to Structure, but I suggest adding a
menu item "Central columns" at the database level.

By the way, if someone has a better way than "central columns" to name
this feature, please speak up :)

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)