[Phpmyadmin-devel] Scrutinizer's false alarms

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed May 28 09:12:04 CEST 2014

Hi

Dne Tue, 27 May 2014 19:15:11 +0200
Hugues Peccatte <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> > Hi,
> > I found out that some bug reports by Scrutinizer are wrong. For example,
> > in [0], the PHP Analyzer reports that you cannot assign a return value
> > because mysqli_init() always returns null, which is not the case.

We can add ignore rules for these (I'm doing this right now) and I've
also reported this:

https://github.com/scrutinizer-ci/php-analyzer/issues/250

> Another one is this one:
> https://scrutinizer-ci.com/g/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/master/files/libraries/DBQbe.class.php?selectedAuthors%5B0%5D=hugues.peccatte%40gmail.com&orderField=path&order=asc
> Scrutinizer believes that the method isn't doing anything, but it is
> overwriting $_REQUEST. It seems that Scrutinizer doesn't understand this.

I've already reported this one some time ago:

https://github.com/scrutinizer-ci/php-analyzer/issues/227

PS: To be able to add ignore rules and configure Scrutinizer, you need
to have an account there, I can then add you to the project group.