[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need help, about AJAX

Edward Cheng c4150221 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:45:51 CEST 2014

> Edward,
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Edward Cheng <c4150221 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm writting AJAX part now.
>> Have a look at this commit:
>>
>> https://github.com/WhaleWatching/phpmyadmin/commit/a382070ee42b72474842d20e805ae2a087e4b8c7
>> See my comment on it:
>>   For get response data I add a param, run between requestHandler and
>> responseHandler.
>>

> As I understand, this mid-handler is your responsehandler that
> subsequently makes a call to the generic responsehandler of ajax.js. So it
> is not a real custom handler (that requests + handles response independent
> of the generic one)
>
> Also, as I understand from your code, the proposed console would store a
> log of run queries and on running a query from console, the results will be
> displayed in the same way as happens when running a query from SQL tab.
> Right ?

​Sometimes people'll run queries on console​ while they're browsing
other pages, not SQL tab.

> As per this understanding, you need a real custom handler because
> executing SQL and handling its response in PMA involves many custom checks
> and calls not only at response stage but also at request stage. For ex:-
> -
> ​​
> checkSqlQuery()

​Sorry I don't get this :)​, just run it if some errors we
can wait response to tell users

> - bookmark handling

​Bookmark handling will use another functions and send another
AJAX request,​ old way is not good enough.​

> -
> ​​
> reloading navigation for certain queries

​
​
reloading navigation, global handlers take this job is better​

> - refreshing main panel for certain queries

​Do you main #page_content ?​

> - triggering grid edit for results
>  etc. see in sql.js near  $("#sqlqueryform.ajax").live('submit', function
> (event) {

​I have noticed this handler.​

> Or did you plan to duplicate above checks and calls into your midhandler?

​No, midhandler just get result and append to console
corresponding​ message(e.g. shows under query string "SELECT
* FROM `mysql`.`user`")

> Also, I don't understand why you need to call the generic response-handler
> of ajax.js? Remember that we don't need to populate AJAX.cache either.

​My eng is not very well, so I draw a picture, see attachment​

Thanks :)