[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need help, about AJAX

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:08:06 CEST 2014

Edward,

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Edward Cheng <c4150221 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm writting AJAX part now.
> Have a look at this commit:
>
> https://github.com/WhaleWatching/phpmyadmin/commit/a382070ee42b72474842d20e805ae2a087e4b8c7
> See my comment on it:
>   For get response data I add a param, run between requestHandler and
> responseHandler.

As I understand, this mid-handler is your responsehandler that subsequently
makes a call to the generic responsehandler of ajax.js. So it is not a real
custom handler (that requests + handles response independent of the generic
one)

Also, as I understand from your code, the proposed console would store a
log of run queries and on running a query from console, the results will be
displayed in the same way as happens when running a query from SQL tab.
Right ?

As per this understanding, you need a real custom handler because executing
SQL and handling its response in PMA involves many custom checks and calls
not only at response stage but also at request stage. For ex:-
- checkSqlQuery()
- bookmark handling
- reloading navigation for certain queries
- refreshing main panel for certain queries
- triggering grid edit for results
 etc. see in sql.js near  $("#sqlqueryform.ajax").live('submit', function
(event) {

Or did you plan to duplicate above checks and calls into your midhandler?

Also, I don't understand why you need to call the generic response-handler
of ajax.js? Remember that we don't need to populate AJAX.cache either.

> Now middle handler runs well, but I can't send
> message ID to PMA_console._responseMidHandler, my
> questions are:
> 1. Is the middle handler OK? Or is there another way to
> custom my AJAX request(I need pages jump use global
> AJAX handlers)

Yes, you need to totally skip the generc/global AJAX handlers, for that you
add a "class=ajax" to your form and write a custom handler.

--
Regards

Atul Pratap Singh
http://blog.atulsisodia.in/