[phpMyAdmin Developers] Fwd: phpMyAdmin Listing

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Aug 5 17:02:56 CEST 2015

Hi

Dne Wed, 05 Aug 2015 10:31:25 -0400
Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> This came to the developers mailing list but was held for moderation, on
> quick examination it appears to be a legitimate (though unimpressive)
> shareware download site. I don't suppose anyone knows anything about it?
> I suggest we just let it expire and don't respond, but maybe someone
> else has heard of File Fishstick before?

Generally these sites crawl for PAD files [1] (I believe there used to
be some directory for them as well) and automatically update. There
even was an open source software to run such site.

Generally "confirming" means placing their logo on our web and/or paying
them money to show the listing, so I'm pretty sure we don't want to do
this :-).

PS: All this is based on my experience from Gammu, where we used to
provide native Windows version which we wanted to be listed.

[1]: https://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/phpmyadmin.xml