[phpMyAdmin Developers] about import chunk size

Dan Ungureanu udan1107 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 21:32:29 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2015-08-18 12:31, Hugues Peccatte a écrit :
> > Le lun. 17 août 2015 à 22:54, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> a écrit :
> >
> >     Hi,
> >     does anyone remember why the import chunk size is 200?
> >
> >     See https <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/11386>://
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw this when I rewrote this part, but I've no idea about the reason
> > to read only 200 characters...
> > I think that we can increase this value.
> >
> > H.
>
> Hi Hugues,
> looking at your comment in
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/2da2c4caf
>
> you wanted to reduce the size of data to read, maybe to improve parsing
> speed?
>
> --
> Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin

I asked myself this too, but then I saw this commit [1] and I decided to
leave it this way. I believe that there is no performance loss or gain if
the size will be increased, because the parser continues from where it
left. There is a special case involving DELIMITER statements which may
cause a small rewind, but it's negligible. At least, this is what the new
parser does, I believe the old one did the same.

[1] https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/2da2c4c

Best regards,
Dan Ungureanu