[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding Feature request: #532 Multiple DB sql query

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Feb 17 16:34:11 CET 2015

Rakesh Kumar a écrit :
> Hi,
> This is about a feature request
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/532/> for choosing
> database(s) to apply a sql query.I think we should add a drop-down near
> (aside clear/format buttons) query box for same.
> But this can be a problem if the user have access to thousand number of
> databases.
> So,One of the solution I thought would be to keep it under configuration
> file for showing it or not and another solution can be by simply limiting
> number of databases (say 10) for showing the same.
> However it can increase some work for the user so I need suggestions for
> it's implementation.
> Thanks and Regards.

We can safely show more than 10 database names in a drop-down (with
multiple select option); I don't expect a problem by showing, say, 50
database names, but more than that, we could show an input field so that
the user can type the database names on which to apply the query.

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)