[Phpmyadmin-devel] Codebase Improvements: OOP and refactoring

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:03:44 CET 2015

On 21 Feb 2015 19:19, "Isaac Bennetch" <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amar,
>
> On 2/21/15 12:56 AM, Amar Budhiraja wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am a junior undergraduate student in India and I wanted to start in
> > the direction of the project Codebase Improvements: OOP and refactoring.
> >
> > I have done a similar project for a Software Engineering course in my
> > own university where I worked on a "working" Teaching Fellows
> > Applications portal. The portal was built using an MVC framework:
> > web2py. The goal of the project was to refactor the entire system to
> > meet code standards and divide the codebase into logical components and
> > classes to make it more readable and easy to extend.
> >
> > Relevant to the project, my skill set includes PHP, HTML/CSS and JS. I
> > have with codeigniter framework to develop a project which gave a good
> > experience of OBJECT ORIENTED PHP as well.
> >
> > I am fairly new to open source development and I would highly appreciate
> > if someone could give me directions as to where should I start.
>
> Welcome. Have you seen
> https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_2015 ?

Plus, relevant the OOPing idea, you may want to take time to look into the
codebase and try contributing through pull requests some proof of concept,
initial refactoring or OOPing.

About broader MVC movement, there has been some initial discussion on a
thread in this mailing, as of now just about the suitable framework, so you
may want to see that as well if you plan to propose a MVC directed idea..

--
Regards

Atul Pratap Singh