[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2015 parser Improvements

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Feb 23 18:42:36 CET 2015

rohit at rohit.codes a écrit :
> I am planning to apply for phpmyadmin for gsoc 2015 for the idea parser
> analyzer rewrite. I understand the basics of phpmyadmin code and am
> looking to fix bugs and add minor features to phpmyadmin.
> I have been using phpmyadmin since a few years now, and hence I eagerly
> look forward to applying for pma.
> What I would like to know is: do I need to know everything about
> sqlparser to apply for this project and be considered or some basic
> understanding of the code will do?

Hi,
According to
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2015_Applicant_Guide

we accept students who got involved with phpMyAdmin, and then we choose,
based on your proposal. You may include in the proposal some time to
deepen your understanding of the code. However, as a mentor, I prefer
seeing in a proposal, for each week (starting from week 1), measurable
goals in terms of code production.

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)