[Phpmyadmin-devel] LIMIT clause when browsing

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jul 9 13:58:25 CEST 2015

Hi,

Dan Ungureanu was asking me about some dead code, and this made me
realize that we might have a bug; however I'm not sure whether this was
intentional or not.

To see what I mean, use the MAINT_4_0_10 branch and browse a table that
has many rows: you'll see that the displayed query shows the proper
generated LIMIT clause, which changes when you click on the Next icon.

This comes from [0] which uses a GLOBAL variable set in [1].

Starting with 4.1, due to some refactoring, the generated LIMIT clause
is no longer shown.

Intentional or not?

[0]
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/MAINT_4_0_10/libraries/Util.class.php#L1168