[Phpmyadmin-devel] Extending Console Functionality

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 3 18:42:19 CET 2015

Manraj Grover a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I would like to extend the functionalities of the present Console in
> phpMyAdmin as a part of GSoC project. I was testing current one and found
> the following issues:

Hi,
thanks for sharing your idea.

> UI improvements:
>> The option tab and console pointer are too far away from each other
> leading to great mouse traversing time. It should be close enough and not
> at the other end given a lot of space is available to use.
>> Keyboard use: Escape to close is another thing missing(Minute fix)
>> On clicking "Options" a huge div for settings open. Given options are
> currently low in number and there is not a lot of text to show, it should
> be reduced.Again it increases mouse traversing time.
>
> Currently the console is used for SQL queries. I would like to propose
> following additions to it.
>
>> Introduction of version control. (git like feature)
> This is a much needed change. How many times it has happened one single
> query and your data is lost forever?
> This is help keep track of previously saved version of database as a backup
> so that user can restore and start working on it if and when required.

Where do you plan to keep the backup? In the database itself, I guess?
If so, how will this scale?

And do you plan an automatic save?

Regarding this feature, are you aware that phpMyAdmin already has a
tracking mechanism?

http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html?highlight=tracking#cfg_Servers_tracking

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)