[Phpmyadmin-devel] Extending Console Functionality

Manraj Grover manrajsinghgrover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:48:49 CET 2015

Hi Sir

Sorry I was not aware of this feature but yes, its quite hidden. Yes, that
can be one way of doing it. I was just testing the console and found it is
logging all of the queries that is taking place. So another way of
implementing version control is having one base database as static and
logging all of the queries that is taking place. This can even be done
using a text file and when user wishes to return back to some version we
can just execute the queries that have taken place between the static
database and the version which user demands. This way memory will also be
saved and eliminate requirement of saving a snapshot of databases. Agreed
it will take a little more time to recover but there are more positives
than negatives. I hope this is feasible.

What I am trying to propose is bringing all features as commands in console
and not restricting it to just SQL queries. Console is one of the best
introductions to phpMyAdmin and can be taken to greater potential.

Please let me know if this can be worked and can be accepted as a GSoC
project and also the flaws.

Regards,
Manraj Singh Grover
Secretary, IEEE NSIT