[Phpmyadmin-devel] Issue with closing tags at the end of the file

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Mar 5 13:56:13 CET 2015

Rahul Kadyan a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> In all files of phpMyAdmin source code, closing tag (?>) is included at the
> end of file. Most frameworks like zend or symfony or laravel suggest to
> omit closing tag to prevent accidental output of whites paces. In some
> situations  output may send headers which makes the application incapable
> to control response headers.
>
> My question is: Is there any specific reason for doing so?
> secondly: Can we omit closing tags at the end of file?

The most authoritative reference I could find is
http://php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.phptags.php

but we have a mix of files of pure PHP code and not pure PHP code, as
can be seen with

git grep '<?php'

(It would be a good time to improve those "not pure" files).

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)