[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding ticket #946 Warn before changing collations

Pranav Sharma vanarpsharma at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:29:47 CET 2015

Hi phpmyadmin,
I am an aspiring gsoc participant. I have already devised solutions
regarding Feature Request Project Enhancements. However to fully understand
some of them, I will need to recreate the present scenarios of some of the
Feature Requests. For instance, Can i be given a use-case where changing
collation changes the data? I have tried creating my own table and changing
the column collations only to find my data intact. If you could present to
me a step wise use-case, then i could better understand the problem and
write a solution strategy.
Thanks,
Pranav