[Phpmyadmin-devel] Bug Fix

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Mar 16 15:42:30 CET 2015

Vaishak Prashanth a écrit :
> Hello Mark.
>
>>> Vaishak Prashanth a écrit :
>>> Hello everyone !
>>>
>>> I'm Vaishak, and I've recently started off in the open source community.
>>> You can check out a couple of my projects at github/vaishakp9
>>> They're not much, but they're open source nevertheless.
>>>
>>> I've been an avid user of phpmyadmin for over a year now. I want to start
>>> helping the community buy fixing bugs.
>>>
>>> I've got a working knowledge of PHP, HTML, C, C++ and some JavaScript.
>>>
>>> Could you please recommend a fairly easy bug for me to work on ?
>
>> Hi Vaishak,
>> Is this intended to show us your skills for Google Summer of >Code?
>
>>> And where do I start looking to fix said bug on the admittedly huge
>>> codebase ?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot !
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Vaishak P
>

>> --
>> Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)
>

> Yes. This is intended to show my skills for Google Summer Of Code. But not
> only for that. I wasn't very aware of open source projects ... I kept using
> phpmyadmin ...
>
> And then I heard about GSoC and attended a seminar, which is where I
> realized I could actually contribute.
>
> So. Yes. This would be for Google Summer of Code, but irrespective of
> whether I get it or not... I want to contribute to phpmyadmin in a major
> way.
>
> Regards,
> Vaishak

Hi,
well, fixing "a fairly easy bug" is probably not the best way to show
your skills to the mentoring team. Please have a look at the bug tracker
and/or the feature requests tracker, pick something that is unassigned
and mention in the ticket that you are working on it.

I suggest to pick some recent bug tickets or feature requests, as older
ones may be out of date or more tricky to solve.

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)