[Phpmyadmin-devel] Voice commands

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:54:32 CET 2015

> Hi,
> regarding [0] I feel that we should not merge code to implement voice
> commands support at this point, as it seems that only Chrome supports this.
>
> [0] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1585/
>
> --
> Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)

Hi,

Is it really a problem that only Chrome supports this? Do we know if other
browsers will support it in the same way?

Does it mean that HTML5/CSS3 shouldn't have been used until main browsers
support it? Or should we lead the way and use new technologies, especially
for optional features?

If the feature is OK, even only for Chrome, I would agree to merge it. (I
should say that I still didn't test it.)

Hugues.