[Phpmyadmin-devel] Voice commands

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 21 16:08:51 CET 2015

Hugues Peccatte a écrit :

>> Hi,
>> regarding [0] I feel that we should not merge code to implement voice
>> commands support at this point, as it seems that only Chrome supports this.
>>
>> [0] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1585/
>>
>> --
>> Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)
>>

> Hi,
>
> Is it really a problem that only Chrome supports this? Do we know if other
> browsers will support it in the same way?
>
> Does it mean that HTML5/CSS3 shouldn't have been used until main browsers
> support it? Or should we lead the way and use new technologies, especially
> for optional features?

Thanks Hugues for your input. Meanwhile I found [0] which mentions that
at the moment (Jan 2015), implementation in Google Chrome and Apple
Safari is spotty and buggy.

But I will welcome feedback from testers of the proposed pull request.

> If the feature is OK, even only for Chrome, I would agree to merge it. (I
> should say that I still didn't test it.)
>
> Hugues.

[0]
http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2015/01/05/using-html5-speech-recognition-and-text-to-speech

--