[Phpmyadmin-devel] Scrutinizer failuers

Chirayu Chiripal chirayu.chiripal at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:39:23 CEST 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Hugues Peccatte <hugues.peccatte at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le sam. 30 mai 2015 à 13:44, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi, recently I've been seeing a lot of Scrutinizer failures such as[0].
>>
>> It fails at stage
>>
>> > Waiting for External Code Coverage
>>
>> With error message:
>>
>> > The code coverage data was not received within the specified time.
>> > Please make sure your third-party service is configured to send code
>> > coverage data.
>>
>> And additional information:
>>
>> > Code coverage data is not yet available.
>> > Code Coverage was not sent to Scrutinizer.
>> > Make sure that you have set-up your external service correctly.
>> > You can find more information on this in the documentation:
>> >
>> >     https://scrutinizer-ci.com/docs/tools/external-code-coverage/
>> >
>> > If you need help you can also email support at scrutinizer-ci.com.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea about this? I couldn't really find any
>> information about this particular message online.
>>
>> 0 -
>>
>> https://scrutinizer-ci.com/g/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/inspections/1a2ea9a8-fcf9-4af1-aafd-05fe9d68e124
>

> Hi,
>
> It seems that there are a serie of failures, then a serie of success and a
> serie of failures again, etc.
> If I'm right, the code coverage should be sent by Travis. Isn't it
> possible that Travis has some rushs some times, so it takes too much time
> to run the code coverage and send it in less than one hour ?

It can happen when too many builds get queued in Travis and the respective
builds are running in scrutinizer. So scrutinizer keeps waiting and times
out because code coverage report will not be available because travis build
hasn't started yet due to high load [1].

As this is happening more often, I've remove code coverage from
Scrutinizer. So, it now does not expect any code coverage from Travis nor
Travis will send one.

[1]: https://github.com/scrutinizer-ci/scrutinizer/issues/109

I'm not sure this is a pMA issue, but it might be a provider issue…

--
Regards,
Chirayu Chiripal