[phpMyAdmin Developers] MySQL 5.7 Features

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Sep 2 22:50:37 CEST 2015

Le 2015-09-02 14:16, Morgan Tocker a écrit :

>>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=70384
>
> I have a followup workaround suggestion for this bug.  JSON data can
> be cast as a string type on extraction:
>
> select id, CAST(jsoncol as CHAR)  from marctable;
>
> While I trust that the bug will be fixed, there is obviously some lag
> in users upgrading their PHP versions.  So I wonder if it is
> preferable to implement the workaround or conditional checking for a
> specific PHP version >= fix version?
>
> (Best for you to determine obviously!)

Hi Morgan,

well, the goal is not just to make the test script work, but everywhere
in phpMyAdmin where we SELECT. This might be problematic and would
introduce some overhead.

Also, even if we fix this in phpMyAdmin, users who poll the database
with their own script will face the same problem, so it would be really
better for everyone if the PHP bug was fixed.

--
Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin