[phpMyAdmin Developers] representation of 'text' fields

Norbert Zawodsky norbert at zawodsky.at
Wed Dec 28 16:05:59 CET 2016

Hi everyone!

after using pma for years now, I yesterday registered to this
mailing-list hoping to get some help or info..

Some days ago I upgraded from 4.6.3 to 4.6.5.2 and immediately noticed a
new, very annoying behavior.

I have tables with fields of type "text". Previous pma rendered these
fields as  "normal" single-line text fields. Eventually becoming
multilined if they didn't fit into space.

The new pma (4.6.5.2) now renders DB text fields as a big box (approx
space for 6 lines). This wastes a lot of screen space, leads to lot of
scrolling and making everything confusing. For example with previous
version I saw nearly 25 records on the screen, now I'm seeing 5.

Is there a way to config this behaviour? I googled a lot but didn't find
any useful information.

Norbert