[phpMyAdmin Developers] SQL parser handling

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Feb 9 11:17:30 CET 2016

Hi all

current handlig of SQL parser code is less than optimal - it's developed
in external repository and at "random" times copied to phpMyAdmin. That
makes it quite hard to maintain - the fixes made in phpMyAdmin
repository will be probably lost and it's hard to track what version
went it.

Therefore I suggest:

- to move sql-parser git repo under phpmyadmin
- to use sql-parser as submodule in phpmyadmin

This way, all development of SQL parser will be in single Git repository
where all phpMyAdmin developers have access.

There are alternative approaches to handle this, but I find this best
fitting our current model (no external dependencies).

[1]:https://github.com/udan11/sql-parser