[phpMyAdmin Developers] Composer/Packagist support

Florian Rey florian.rey at elao.com
Tue Jan 19 09:14:32 CET 2016

Ah, thanks for your really clear answer !

Don't you think you can add something about the "repository-url" parameter in
the packagist page ?

![Logo Elao](https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/5huatbswCsplm-
xcN3pABLVIIj8hcmR1D5tc9nteAtN1pl7eV4jVx431M68RJaB1hx5aB-JFXq24slWiZpRxi2dZPYWi
_Y5v9Q=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.elao.com/images/corpo/logo_red_small.png)|

Florian REY

Développeur Symfony 2 Sénior - [@Elao](https://twitter.com/Elao)

E-mail : [florian.rey at elao.com](mailto:florian.rey at elao.com) \- Site internet
: [http://www.elao.com](http://www.elao.com/)
Paris / Lyon / Montpellier - Tel : +33 (0)4 82 53 37 19
---|---

> On Jan 18 2016, at 3:57 pm, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi

> Dne 18.1.2016 v 13:12 Florian Rey napsal(a):
> as far as i can see, composer support is "kind of" active on the
> github repository (see:
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/0429a10426bef1925c670c515
d792205825649df)

> But the package itself, through packagist, is available (at least)
> three times:
>
> * The "main" package (as it uses the same name,
> "phpmyadmin./phpmyadmin", as in the composer.json in the
> github repo): https://packagist.org/packages/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin
> o Declared as abandonned (although the suggestion is to use... the
> same repo :))
> o Maintained by a phpmyadmin core team member
> o Outdated (it looks like the git hooks has not been set)
> * The wp-cloud: https://packagist.org/packages/wp-cloud/phpmyadmin
> o Updated (Manually ? Git hooks ?)
> o Not maintained by a core team member
> * The shapecode: https://packagist.org/packages/shapecode/phpmyadmin
> o Avialable on bitbucket, not github
> o Updated (Manually ? Git hooks ?)
> o Not maintained by a core team member
>
> My question is: what is the official policy regarding phpmyadmin and
> Composer/Packagist ?
> Does it sounds crazy to have the main package on packagist "officialy"
> supported, not abandonned anymore, with correct git hooks to have
> automatic version updates handling ?

> Yes, it would be great. Unfortunately it's not easy with current state
of Packagist. That's why the Packagist package is abandoned and our
documentation describes recommended way to install phpMyAdmin using
composer:

> <http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-using-composer>

> The whole problem is that we do some postprocessing on release time,
what can not be achieved with Packagist - it can only take git
repository as is. See
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/11508 for more details.

Michal Čihař | <http://cihar.com> | <http://blog.cihar.com>