[phpMyAdmin Developers] Wiki
michal at cihar.com
Wed Jun 8 13:33:57 CEST 2016
I think it's time to make decision what to do with the wiki.
* wiki.phpmyadmin.net is currently read only due to excessive vandalism
which was hard to block
* Mediawiki currently running wiki.phpmyadmin.net is no longer security
* all content pages were copied to GitHub wiki 
* I'm slowly going through wiki pages and integrate that to our user
documentation if it fits there
* bring Mediawiki on wiki.phpmyadmin.net back to usable state
- we will have to handle security fixes and so on
- need some way to prevent vandalism
* use wiki on GitHub
- it's for free with the repository
- the wiki is quite limited (no categories, no search, ...)
- having wiki content as Git repository is great
* use other solution for wiki.phpmyadmin.net
- we could use cleaned up wiki content which is currently used on GitHub
- I'd really prefer something with Git integration
- preferably use GitHub authentication, so that we do not have to
maintain another list of users
- one of possible tools to do that is ikiwiki
I don't think that maintaining Mediawiki is way to go. From remaining
choices I slightly prefer using wiki on GitHub as it needs no
maintenance from us, however it limits wiki features.
Please share your opinion.
Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Developers