[phpMyAdmin Developers] Wiki

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Jun 13 14:02:35 CEST 2016

Hi

this topic was discussed quite a lot on the mailing list, but still I'd
like to hear feedback which solution do you prefer.

Dne 8.6.2016 v 13:33 Michal Čihař napsal(a):
> Possible solutions:
>
> * bring Mediawiki on wiki.phpmyadmin.net back to usable state
>
>   - we will have to handle security fixes and so on
>   - need some way to prevent vandalism

Alec Teal offered help with this. The best approach here is probably to
start with updating latest Mediawiki and avoid using Debian packages
completely.

> * use wiki on GitHub
>
>   - it's for free with the repository
>   - the wiki is quite limited (no categories, no search, ...)
>   - having wiki content as Git repository is great

The wiki features are rather limited here, on the other side we really
did not use much of them anyway...

> * use other solution for wiki.phpmyadmin.net
>
>   - we could use cleaned up wiki content which is currently used on GitHub
>   - I'd really prefer something with Git integration
>   - preferably use GitHub authentication, so that we do not have to
> maintain another list of users
>   - one of possible tools to do that is ikiwiki

Anybody has experience with ikiwiki or other wiki engines?

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/