[phpMyAdmin Developers] 4.6.3 release

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:55:42 CEST 2016

To be upfront and direct, I'm not a huge fan of having a scheduled
release. I think we should release 4.6.3 when it has enough fixes to
justify a new release or if a major usability issue is fixed, not just
because a date on the calendar is approaching. On the other hand, it can
help web hosts to know when a maintenance release is coming, although it
seems many don't generally upgrade unless there's a security problem.

According to our milestone, 4.6.3 is due for release in just over a
week. I don't think we're ready for 4.6.3 because there haven't been a
lot of fixes in 4.6.3. I'd rather put it off, perhaps for a month,
depending how things go, basically until there are more fixes justifying
a release.