[phpMyAdmin Developers] Get involved in phpMyAdmin community

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:49:24 CEST 2016

Hello S.Pranavan,

Thanks for your interest. The usual path for those looking to get
involved with phpMyAdmin is to find an issue in the tracker
(https://www.github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues), work on it, and
submit a pull request with those changes. Probably before beginning
work, you should add a comment in the issue tracker stating that you're
preparing to work on it, so that we don't duplicate efforts.
Furthermore, we could unit tests to be developed for existing code, so
if you don't see anything appealing in the issue tracker you might try
that as well. Within the issue tracker, some issues are tagged with the
"newbie" label which the development team thinks are good for people
like you who are new to the codebase.

There's some general information for developers at
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Development and
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Devel plus the Github
documentation is quite good if you're new to Git or pull requests.

Of course, we're here to help with specific questions, but as a general
overview that's the path you're looking at. If you have questions about
how to start, please feel free to ask them here.

Isaac