[phpMyAdmin Developers] Upcoming release schedule

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:21:18 CET 2017

Hello developers,

We are less than a week away from the scheduled release of 4.6.6 and
4.7.0-beta (at least, I'm anticipating calling it 'beta' with no
public 'alpha' release, as we get lots of reports on 'master' as it
is, feel free to object if you disagree).

We currently have two issues marked as blocking 4.6.6 [1], although
the search issue has a patch and appears to be a trivial fix. Fixing
Designer may be more difficult.

Anyway, we have a number of issues remaining on 4.7.0, but currently
nothing that I think should block the beta release.

Unless we hit a blocker on 4.6.6, I intend to go ahead with the
releases pretty much on schedule, as well as create the QA_4_7 branch
so that we can easily feature-freeze 4.7.x. So for a short while,
we'll be supporting QA_4_6, QA_4_7, and master branches. Strings for
4.7.x will freeze next week as well so that translators can finish
their work before the final release.

I believe we discussed the possibility of calling the upcoming release
5.0.0, due to the change to using Composer for dependency handling,
and I believe no one really supported that proposal mostly because we
aren't changing anything for the users in a way to justify a major
version change.

Regards,
Isaac

1 - https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/milestones/4.6.6