[phpMyAdmin Developers] STATUS command

Dan Ungureanu dan at ungureanu.me
Sat Jun 10 22:05:28 CEST 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the MySQL command line client, you can use the `STATUS;` command to
> see some connection information. I thought you used to be able to do
> that in phpMyAdmin as well. Unfortunately, I currently get an error
> message:
>
>> #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'status' at line 1
>
> A quick look at Google doesn't help me determine if this is expected
> behavior or something that's been deprecated in recent MySQL versions.
> I could be remembering wrong, but if it's a problem on our end it
> should be fixed.
>
> I've tested this on QA_4_7 and master. Does anyone have any input about this?
>
> Thanks

Hello Isaac,

"STATUS" is a MySQL client command which is only available in the
MySQL command line client (mysql). Check [1] to see a full list.

The equivalent query is "SHOW STATUS;", which works fine in phpMyAdmin.

[1] https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-commands.html

Best regards,
Dan Ungureanu