[phpMyAdmin Developers] help needed urgently

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 00:02:40 CET 2017

Hi Vivek,

On 3/4/17 4:48 AM, vivek modi wrote:
> hey,
>
> I am Vivek from India.I was looking at the ideas given out by Phpmyadmin
> for GSoC 2017 and i am really interested in working with your
> organization.The idea which i liked the most
> was https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6197.
>
> <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6197>
>
> Enhance security by adding support for 2-factor ...
> <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6197>
> github.com
> My hoster recently added support for securing the hosting admin panel
> with 2-Factor-Authentification, using Google Authenticator. The only
> "weak" link left is the ...

Sounds great, but hopefully you realize that this project alone isn't
going to be enough work to take the entire summer. It's grouped with a
number of other projects in what we're calling the "Enhancement
collection" which is a group of tasks which we've selected to take
approximately the entire allocated time.

> As stated in the wiki i will have to send a patch of newbie issue but i
> need some help doing that.
>
> FIrst i cloned the master branch of the github repository of Phpmyadmin
> in my pc ,that went smooth , then i am still not getting the idea how to
> make the code work in my pc.Means how to build the whole application
> from the code base i cloned from the git repository.

phpMyAdmin is a web application, so you'll probably want to put the git
repository you've checked out in to your web root. You can find more
information in the Installation section of the documentation at
https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html