[phpMyAdmin Developers] Adding drag and drop disable feature

Lakshay arora arora.lakshya123 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 12:58:50 CEST 2018

Hello Developers,
I'm currently working on this
<https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/13155> feature as a part
of my GSoC project. Isaac and I have been trying to think of some
workarounds but your ideas are welcome.
I have currently thought of the following workarounds.

Disable drag drop at the backend, but drag drop handlers in javascript are
written in common,js which has other stuff also, so we can either separate
it in some other file(which I don't think would be a good solution because
it might cause some bugs), or we can find a way to expose the configuration
to javascript(not sure but could lead to security issues) or we can leave
the javascript as it is and disable it only on the server side.(it still
works well, I've tested).
Thanks,
Lakshya arora (nulll-pointer)