[phpMyAdmin Developers] phpmyadmin likely to be removed from the next Debian release

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jan 23 11:52:55 CET 2019

Hi

Tim Small píše v St 23. 01. 2019 v 10:39 +0000:

> Just a heads up - not sure if you are aware, but I noticed that there
> is
> no one actively maintaining the phpmyadmin Debian package at the
> moment
> - the packaged version in Debian is currently 4.6.6.

I'm current maintainer of the Debian package and indeed I didn't find
time to perform upgrade to modern version requiring packaging of
several composer dependencies. I've actually announced this problem in
2017:

There was some initial work done on the packaging, but it's not yet
completed, see:

https://salsa.debian.org/phpmyadmin-team

> Do you know if there's anyone available to maintain it during the
> Debian
> 10 release lifetime?  Once the initial work to update the Debian
> package
> to 4.8.4 is done, that means pushing security updates, and addressing
> Debian bug reports whilst Debian 10 is a stable release.

I have capacity to help with the maintenance, but I do not have time to
do the initial packaging of the new dependencies. Anyway it's now
getting too late to get phpMyAdmin into Debian 10, given that freeze
for new packages is 2019-02-12.

--
	Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/