[Phpmyadmin-translators] Changes in translations

Mon Jul 8 06:42:13 CEST 2002

Michal Cihar wrote:

>Hi translators
>
>Since today phpMyAdmin allows using other charset in HTTP and when working
>with mysql. This requires translations to use some charset that won't break
>anything during conversion. Currently will be used utf-8 so translations
>should be converted to this charset, while also keeping current one to allow
>working in some browsers (are there any?) which don't support utf-8.
>
>Majority of these conversion can be done automatically with script I wrote,
>but I need you to check if there didn't occur any problem. This script can do
>also conversion between charsets being used in one translation (for example
>czech translation had till now two version, one in windows-1250 and one in
>iso-8859-2).
>
>There are also some "problematical" translations which will require
>translators co-operation. These are:
>
>georgian (because of x-user-defined charset is not supported by iconv)
>
>hebrew (because of iso-8859-8-i charset is not supported by iconv)
>
>korean (because of ks_c_5601-1987 charset is not supported by iconv)
>
>slovak (because there are two a bit different translations maintained by two
>people and now only one of them is needed, other will be generated
>automatically, so I need to know which one will be maintained)

Michal,

with permission from the slovak windows-1250 translator, I removed his
file, and now slovak-windows-1250 is
generated with sync_lang.sh, from the iso-8859-2 file.

By the way, now that I renamed the file slovak-windows-1250.inc.php3
instead of slovak-win1250.inc.php3,
the charset line it it has become:

$charset = 'windows-1250';

It is ok from the browser point of view?

Marc
the