[Phpmyadmin-translators] Changes in translations

Michal Cihar nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 14 14:33:05 CEST 2002

Hi translators

Since today phpMyAdmin allows using other charset in HTTP and when working
with mysql. This requires translations to use some charset that won't break
anything during conversion. Currently will be used utf-8 so translations
should be converted to this charset, while also keeping current one to allow
working in some browsers (are there any?) which don't support utf-8.

Majority of these conversion can be done automatically with script I wrote,
but I need you to check if there didn't occur any problem. This script can do
also conversion between charsets being used in one translation (for example
czech translation had till now two version, one in windows-1250 and one in
iso-8859-2).

There are also some "problematical" translations which will require
translators co-operation. These are:

georgian (because of x-user-defined charset is not supported by iconv)

hebrew (because of iso-8859-8-i charset is not supported by iconv)

korean (because of ks_c_5601-1987 charset is not supported by iconv)

slovak (because there are two a bit different translations maintained by two
people and now only one of them is needed, other will be generated
automatically, so I need to know which one will be maintained)

chinesse (there are two translations - chinese_big5 and chinese_gb - and I
really don't know whether to handle them as two separate translations or just
as one in different charsets)

I converted current cvs version to utf-8 (where it worked) and the result is
available at http://cihar.liten.cz/PMA-translations/. There is also script
which does this conversion (sync_lang.sh). So please have a look at your
converted translation and send me your comments.

Regards
	Michal Cihar
	nijel at users dot sourceforge dot net
	http://cihar.liten.cz