[Phpmyadmin-translators] Web based translation

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Jun 8 17:12:16 CEST 2009

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> This topic has been already open several times, but now we got offer to
> use translatewiki.net for translating phpMyAdmin. As you are the ones
> who do most of work on our translations, I ask about your opinion on
> this topic. Are you interested in having web based interface for
> translating?
>
> Currently we use simple PHP files with strings to localize [*] and this
> probably won't change in near future and translatewiki.net seems to
> already support similar ways of localizing PHP applications.
>
> Now the question is whether to invest effort into this direction. Web
> based interface definitely lowers barrier for translating, but nobody
> is really responsible there and you may end up with poor quality. What
> is better, no translation, or not perfect translation?

Let's say a translator (like me) would prefer the current system. Can we
handle both the current system and web-based one?

Also, what happens with the notion of "official translator"? I find it
useful because from time to time we get translation proposals from more
than one person for a language.

Marc